- Rhymes: -ɪljən
- 2002 CE,
Clifford Pickover, The Mathematics of Oz: Mental Gymnastics from
Beyond the Edge, Cambridge University Press (2 September 2002):
- "Ooh!" Dorothy steps back in awe. "Mon Dieu. What is that cool-looking heart symbol?" "Here, ♥ indicates a quattuordecillion".
- 2002 CE, Ron
Penton, Data Structures for Game Programmers, Muska & Lipman /
Premier-Trade (25 November 25 2002):
- Assuming that each node in your gametree used a modest 64 byes, that many nodes would take up 6 quattuordecillion yottabytes (I'm really not making this up).
- 2003 CE,
Magic Dragon Multimedia, Timeline Cosmic Future, (2003):
- One Quattuordecillion Years From Now: Protons and neutrons decay.
- 2002 CE, Clifford Pickover, The Mathematics of Oz: Mental Gymnastics from Beyond the Edge, Cambridge University Press (2 September 2002):
- German: Quattuordezillion
Names of numbers larger than a quadrillion are almost never used, for reasons discussed further below. It is debatable which of them should be considered real working English vocabulary and which are merely trivia, curiosities, or coinages. The following table lists those names of numbers which are found in many English dictionaries and thus have a special claim to being "real words". The "Traditional British" values shown are unused in American English and are largely obsolete in British English, but are dominant in many non-English-speaking areas, including continental Europe and Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America; see Long and short scales.
The "standard dictionary numbers"
Other large numbers used in mathematics and physics
quattuordecillion in Arabic: مسميات الأعداد الضخمة
quattuordecillion in Danish: Navne på store tal
quattuordecillion in Korean: 큰 수
quattuordecillion in Latin: nomina permagnorum numerorum
quattuordecillion in Dutch: Lijst van grote getallen
quattuordecillion in Polish: Nazwy dużych liczb
quattuordecillion in Russian: Системы наименования чисел
quattuordecillion in Simple English: Octillion
quattuordecillion in Slovenian: imena velikih števil
quattuordecillion in Finnish: Suurten lukujen nimet
quattuordecillion in Swedish: Lista över räkneord
quattuordecillion in Chinese: %E5%8D%81%E8%BF%9B%E5%88%B6#.E7.94.A8.E6.96.87.E5.AD.97.E8.A1.A8.E7.A4.BA.E5.8D.81.E9.80.B2.E6.95.B4.E6.95.B8.E4.BD.8D